"You can never solve a problem on the level at which it was created." - Albert Einstein. I love this quote! To me, what Einstein is encouraging with these words is a transcendence of normal modes of thinking to allow for evaluation of a problem from a whole new level of consciousness. A similar concept might be, "You cannot see the forest for the trees."
If you were able to rise high above the trees, you would see the forest itself, rather than just individual tress. Similarly, if you are able to transcend your normal modes of thinking, you will get a different, and more complete answer to your problem.
I see the truth of these words on a daily basis in my work as a Nutrition and Health Counselor, where I'm constantly seeking to educate my clients about how to see their body as a whole living organism, rather than as a compartmentalized array of heart, joints, skin, head, digestive system, etc.
Learning that your headaches might be related to your digestive issues, or that your fatigue could be linked to your joint pain - in that certain foods might be causing both - is a real "ah-hah" for many people.
Understanding that a constant struggle for weight loss through calorie deprivation is missing the point, in that it's actually a lack of nutrient-dense food (and a body that cannot detoxify properly) that is keeping the weight on in the first place...creates more breakthroughs in awareness.
And then, when we begin to discuss the ways in which a gloomy self-perception or negative self-talk may be at the root of why an individual can't make lasting healthy choices for themselves, more light bulbs go on.
The way most of us have been taught to think is that there is a pill for every ailment. With this perspective, we forget that we are a complete whole, and that every action impacts the whole.
When you begin to understand the inter-relatedness of all things, you begin to look at X health problem from an entirely new, and I would even say, more enlightened, perspective.
Healthy food is an important aspect of this evolved or enlightened perspective, but it goes deeper than that. To create true, lasting good health, we need to look at the whole person and address all levels of health and healing - body, mind, and spirit - and work with each of these areas in an equal and balanced way.
Beginning to see yourself, and your health, in a holistic way is what I call Evolutionary Thinking. And I would go so far as to say, in my humble opinion, that this type of thinking is what is needed to get us through our current health crises, on the global as well as personal level.
In fact, this is what has inspired me to create a whole new Class on Evolutionary Healing: Advanced Nutrition for Body, Mind and Spirit, that takes to heart Einstein's wise words, and addresses health and healing with an entirely new level of thinking.
I've created this class with my colleague and partner David Metz, Certified Clinical herbalist, Healthy Eating Educator, Shamanic/Energy Practitioner.
Together we have many years of combined experience helping people heal. And over our years of working with our clients we've come to realize that true and lasting healing is about more than just eating the right foods, taking the right supplements, and getting out for a little exercise.
We feel there is a real need for programs that teach you how to optimize health - guiding you to heal on all levels (body, mind, spirit) in a concise, practical, guided, fun, and inspirational format.
Thus, Evolutionary Healing: Advanced Nutrition for Body, Mind and Spirit was born. And we are so excited to help you evolve your healing to a place of thriving, vibrant good health!
How can this class help you evolve your health?
This class is designed to give you practical tips, exercises, techniques and the specific tools you need to create optimal nourishment for the body, the mind, the emotional self, and the spirit/soul.
It's all in the title: Advanced Nutrition for Body, Mind, and Spirit. When we say "Advanced Nutrition," we mean the nourishment and feeding of the whole self. By the end of the Class, you will have learned our top healing protocols, transformative processes, and specific tools for evolving into well-balanced, vibrant, good health.
And, once you know how to truly care for yourself in all areas of your life, you will realize a new state of radiant healthy being - one you may not have been able to imagine before!
The Class is offered as a teleclass, so anyone, anywhere, can attend. As with all of my group programs, I'm keeping the price very low so you won't have any excuse not to evolve!
Also: As a special bonus discount, anyone who has Cleansed with me before (or is a current Cleanser) gets a discounted rate. (READ HERE for MORE INFO)
Class begins April 30th.
Class size is limited, and it's already close to half full, so please enroll soon to secure your spot.
Here's an overview of what you'll be learning (or, simply, Click HERE to read more)
Class 1: Beginning Steps for Your Evolution
Monday April 30, 7:30-9:00pm EST. During this Class we will teach the following:
- Top super-foods and how to use them for your specific health condition(s).
- Mindful eating and living techniques and exercises - simple quick practices that will enhance your mood and optimize your nutrient uptake.
- Top ten foods you definitely want to be avoiding in your diet, and how to replace those with healthy alternatives.
- Deeper cleansing and detoxing techniques for mind, body and spirit.
- Vitality enhancing recipes that will help you integrate the recommendations shared in this first Class
Class 2: Deepening the Learning and Healing
Monday, May 7th, 7:30-9:00pm EST. During this Class we will teach the following:
- Food-combining, acid/alkaline balance, anti-inflammatory diets, etc. Why so many diets? And how can you determine which dietary recommendations are right for you?
- Targeted processes to help release toxic thought patterns and damaging behaviours.
- Super Herbs: What are they, and do you need to be taking them to enhance your health?
- Detoxing your pantry, your personal care products, and other potentially toxic items in your house.
- Simple exercises and practices to help you incorporate concepts learned in Class 2.
Class 3: Integrating and Evolving - The Next Steps
Monday, May 14th, 7:30-9:00pm EST. During this class we will teach the following:
- Beyond food: Our favorite non-food techniques for evolving mind, body, and spirit.
- How to activate your "imaginal cells" and work with powers of your epigenome - the potential we each have within us to transform to a healthier state of existence.
- Crucial supplements: Our top recommended supplements that everyone should have in their diet.
- Techniques for creating sacred space within the home and the heart, to deepen connection with spirit.
- Simple breathing/meditation/awareness practices to bring peace to each day.
Class 4: Bringing it Home - Balancing and Blossoming
Monday, May 21st, 7:30-9:00pm EST. During this class we will teach the following:
- Top 5 things you need to be eating each day (and how to implement that).
- Facing your shadow - ways to uncover what holds you back, and how to evolve to a more joyful way of being.
- Our favorite immune-boosting and longevity recommendations.
- Simple methods for increasing your personal awareness of which foods are your best medicine.
- Final wrap up: recipes, daily practices, integration techniques, and staying on the evolutionary path for the long-term.
In addition to the great learning you'll be receiving during each class, you will be fully supported in your evolutionary process during the month-long program via a private facebook or yahoo group, and with full access to email support from us during the program.
The amount of information we have to share in this Class is mind-boggling, and we can't wait to get started!
We'll have a focus on Super Foods in our Evolutionary Healing Class. Many great new foods to teach you about, but one you are likely familiar with already is raw cacao. Here's a super simple, tasty and healthy recipe.
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/2 cup raw coconut oil
1/4 cup raw honey
1/4 cup goji berries, dried cranberries, dried blueberries and/or chopped walnuts or almonds.
Warm up coconut oil in small pan over medium heat until liquid. Stir in cacao powder. Remove from heat and then stir in raw honey and dried fruit or nuts. Pour mixture into small glass baking dish or pyrex container, and then freeze. When fully frozen, remove from freezer, let thaw for 1/2 hour, and then cut into desired size.
Store in fridge, and enjoy slowly.
Recipe credit: Roshni Prabakar